garmin® announces availability of the g700 txi flight display
October 11, 2018
Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), announced the availability of the G700 TXi touchscreen flight display for popular Cessna Citation business jet models. The G700 TXi is exclusively designed to meet the certification requirements of Part 23 Class IV and Part 25 transport category aircraft. The initial Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the G700 TXi flight display will be approved for select Cessna Citation II/SII and Citation V aircraft, is available from JETTECH and can be installed across the Garmin dealer network.
“The G700 TXi series has redefined aircraft and helicopter cockpits and we’re excited to extend this modern upgrade to now include this class of business aircraft,” said Carl Wolf, vice president of aviation marketing and sales. “The availability of the G700 TXi is a significant achievement for Garmin as this is the first public validation of the TXi series in this class of aircraft. Alongside JETTECH, we are excited to provide a dedicated upgrade path for some of the most popular business jets in the market.”
This certification of the G700 TXi is comprised of a single or dual 10.6-inch flight display that boasts a bright, LCD touchscreen design and features dual concentric knobs for added convenience and versatility when interfacing with the system. Because the G700 TXi is paired with dual GTN™ 650/750 touchscreen navigators, pilots receive flight management system (FMS) functionality through an intuitive touchscreen interface. The G700 TXi also integrates seamlessly with these navigators, offering even more operational capability, including fully coupled LPV/WAAS approach guidance, as well as the option to display vertical navigation (VNAV) guidance to fly complex RNAV arrival procedures.
Using the latest display technologies, the G700 TXi system improves dispatch rates, reduces aircraft downtime, as well as overall life cycle costs. Modern, solid-state sensors utilized by the G700 TXi system offer improved reliability over heavier, maintenance-prone legacy instrumentation. Flight data logging maximizes aircraft availability and productivity as system parameters, autopilot status and more are recorded on a removeable SD card within the G700 TXi for quick and easy identification and interpretation of maintenance-related issues.
Pilots will appreciate a familiar in-flight experience between the G700 TXi flight displays and the GTN touchscreen navigators as the user interface is harmonious across both products. New features and optional capabilities of the G700 TXi flight display include:
• HSI mapping offers a multifunction display-like perspective map view on the PFD, helping pilots to better visualize traffic, terrain, weather and more as it relates to a flight plan without diverting their attention away from the PFD.
• Customizable crew profiles allow pilots to configure and save settings such as map configurations and audio volume levels so they can easily be recalled prior to each flight.
• Synthetic vision technology (SVT™) is standard and uses sophisticated graphics modeling to present a 3D depiction of terrain, obstacles, traffic and the runway environment on the PFD.
• TCAS II Resolution Advisory (RA) display offers pilots visual and aural instructions to avoid immediate traffic conflicts.
• TAWS-A and TAWS-B are available as options.
• Various global datalink weather products are accessible when paired with the optional GSR® 56.
• Support for Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) operations is available.
• Pilots can view Garmin FliteCharts terminal approach procedures or optional Jeppesen approach charts.
• Connext® wireless cockpit connectivity with added Database Concierge and flight plan transferring via Flight Stream 510 is available with a compatible tablet or smartphone and conveniently uploads and syncs database and flight plan information.
• ADS-B In/Out display is standard, featuring patented TargetTrend™ and TerminalTraffic™.
The G700 TXi flight display is available from JETTECH and select Garmin dealers and will be approved for the Cessna Citation II/SII and Citation V equipped with the Sperry SPZ 500 autopilot. Additional aircraft approvals are expected in the future. Visit the Garmin static display (SD 20) to see a Citation II equipped with the G700 TXi touchscreen flight display system and visit the Garmin exhibit (2695) at the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition in Orlando, Florida, October 16-18, 2018. For additional information regarding the G700 TXi upgrade, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.garmin.com/TXi.