11/05/2012 HAWKER BEECHCRAFT'S EBACE EXHIBIT TO FEATURE EIGHT AIRCRAFT
Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) announced it is bringing eight aircraft to the 2012 European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (EBACE) May 14-16 in Geneva, Switzerland. HBC’s EBACE presence includes representation from the entire commercial product lineup, including the debut of the Hawker 800XPR and the Special Mission Beechcraft King Air 350ER demonstrator aircraft.
HBC’s indoor exhibit will be in the PalExpo Convention Center, Hall 7, Booth #7060 and will again feature a Global Customer Support area with interactive kiosks, aircraft floor models of the company’s entire current production lineup and an interior selection center where customers can use computer modeling for selecting aircraft interiors.
“We announced the Hawker 800XPR upgrade at the 2010 EBACE and are proud to debut the aircraft at this year’s event with EASA and FAA certifications completed,” said Sean McGeough, HBC president, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. “Deliveries began last fall and we’re seeing great interest in the European market for this upgrade that offers greater range, better time to climb and faster cruise speeds than the Hawker 800XP, the industry’s best-selling midsize jet.
“Europe continues to be a strong market not only for our midsize business jets but also our King Air turboprops,” McGeough continued. “Also appearing for the first time at EBACE is the Special Mission King Air 350ER demonstrator aircraft, which just last month completed a tour that covered 40,000 miles to 14 countries on five continents – all on schedule and without any unscheduled maintenance required.”
HBC markets, produces and supports a broad range of special mission aircraft for commercial applications, militaries and governments worldwide. The multi-mission King Air 350ER demonstrator aircraft is a standard extended-range airplane (capable of over 12 hours endurance, or over 2,500 nm range), which has been fitted with a search radar radome with electro-optic/infrared (EO/IR) lift for surveillance missions, high density seating for military transport missions and two medical sleds (and medical storage cabinet) for air ambulance missions. All of these installations are certified by the Federal Aviation Administration and European Aviation Safety Agency, and available for immediate delivery on new aircraft from the factory.
The Hawker 800XPR program offers significant performance and capability improvements by replacing the aircraft’s original engines with new technology Honeywell TFE731-50R powerplants, as well as adding Genuine Hawker Winglets. Seventy design and material enhancements to the engine greatly improve performance, durability and maintainability while lowering cost of operation. The upgrade also can include avionics upgrades, cabin interior refurbishment and custom paint schemes.
In addition to the Hawker 800XPR and King Air 350ER, HBC’s static display #19 will include:
• Hawker 4000 – The flagship of the Hawker line, the composite fuselage Hawker 4000 sets the standard for quality, performance and value in the super-midsize business jet class. With a 3,280 nautical mile non-stop range and cruise speeds up to Mach 0.84, it features a sophisticated composite fuselage, all metal supercritical wing, powerful Pratt & Whitney Canada FADEC-controlled engines and state-of-the-art Honeywell Primus EPIC avionics.
• Hawker 900XP – From the best-selling midsized business jet lineage (the Hawker 800 series), the Hawker 900XP has combined new Honeywell engines with enhanced winglets and a large cabin for increased performance, range, efficiency, comfort and unprecedented value.
• Premier IA – An advanced technology light jet, the Premier IA offers customers an industry-leading combination of speed, cabin size and efficiency. With its single-pilot certification, advanced composite construction, seven-passenger seating and a top cruise speed of more than 500 miles per hour, the Premier IA offers the ultimate in operational flexibility. It sets the industry standard for being both a true “pilot’s airplane” and a serious business tool.
• King Air 350i – Now equipped with the Rockwell Collins Venue™ cabin management system and state-of-the-art Beechcraft FlexCabin capability, the King Air 350i sets the standard in cabin comfort, business capability, in-flight productivity and entertainment. It delivers unmatched fuel efficiency and the lowest operating cost per seat mile, making it the greenest aircraft in its class. The King Air 350i is the perfect addition to any corporate fleet.
• King Air C90GTx – Key enhancements to the King Air C90GTx include an increase in gross weight and the addition of composite winglets, which improve climb performance and further increase fuel efficiency. Featuring a cabin 50 percent larger than some very light jets, the C90GTx seats up to seven passengers in its famed squared-oval design, allowing greater passenger comfort. It includes an in-flight accessible, heated and pressurized baggage storage area along with a private aft lavatory as standard.
• Baron G58 – The twin-engine piston aircraft that pilots aspire to own, the Baron G58 offers unmatched performance and range/payload capabilities in its segment. It also features a premium cabin that provides the best ride of any twin-engine aircraft, including flexible seating that allows for seating of two, four or six people, with the option to reconfigure and remove seats to accommodate mission needs and large baggage items. Its flight deck includes fully integrated Garmin G1000® avionics with a GFC 700 flight control system and new GWX 68 color weather radar.