14/04/2010 RAISBECK’S LEAR 60 AFT FUSELAGE LOCKER GOES VIRTUAL
Raisbeck Engineering revealed that it has frozen its final design for the Raisbeck Aft Fuselage Locker for the Learjet 60, and is progressing with detailed design. FAA certification flight test on the aerodynamic shape were completed in late fall, 2009.
First production deliveries are scheduled to begin early in 2011. Raisbeck began studies of the Learjet 60 in late 2000 and officially introduced the program at NBAA 2009 in Orlando, Florida.
Raisbeck engineers have meticulously evaluated different door, hinge and interior designs to come up with the most integral, efficient and spacious baggage locker possible, while still reducing overall airplane drag.
A virtual tour of the Raisbeck Aft Fuselage Locker for the Learjet 60 is now available: www.raisbeck.com/lj/60/learjet_60_movie.html
· Two separate compartments (nearly 12’ long)
· Forward Aft Compartments (8’ long)
· Aft Compartment (4’ long)
· Accommodates large golf bags, snowboards, skis, carry-ons, briefcases, and more!
· Carry 300lbs in more than 25 cubic feet
· No negative impact on the performance of the aircraft.
· Fully recoverable asset in Blue Book value to the aircraft
Our engineering team initially set pretty aggressive goals for this program. We have been meeting or exceeding these goals, commented Ryan Hauge, Raisbeck’s Lear 60 AFL Project Engineer.
Long being installed as a popular retrofit package on the Learjet 31/35/36 fleet, Raisbeck’s Aft Fuselage Locker also combines with the Raisbeck ZR-LITE drag-reducing performance system for those models. It was installed at the Learjet Model 31 Completion Center prior to first delivery.